RE: [mif] [dhcwg] Gen-ART review of draft-ietf-dhc-container-00

2009-04-14 14:29:19
I agree on Hui's and Ralpha's thoughts.

There may be a necessary or worthy study that identifies and classifies what
kind of information or network characteristics of/from the interfaces are
necessary and helpful in order to judge active and valid routable interfaces
for the destination (I am not sure the meaning and scope of "routable" with a
destination in terms of MIF though) and determine an efficient/best one among
them for the destination endpoint for the moment.

Giyeong

-----Original Message-----
From: mif-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org [mailto:mif-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org]
On Behalf Of Hui Deng
Sent: April 13, 2009 11:24 AM
To: Ralph Droms
Cc: mif; ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org; gen-art(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org;
Black_David(_at_)emc(_dot_)com; dhc WG
Subject: Re: [mif] [dhcwg] Gen-ART review of draft-ietf-dhc-container-00

Hi, Ralph,

I agree what you said here, Scott raised the possible issue how to
differentiate the source.

One instant thinking about the two different 802.11 interface is that the
principal source policy selection will not be able to tell the diffference, we
could allow high level policy to recommend how to handle it, give a example, we
may prioritize some wifi apn policy, and make others as just a category of
normal wifi.

Anyhow, those thing need to be further studied based on the current practice.
Thanks for the discussion.

-Hui