Re: Extending the Dean Anderson PR-action to lists on tools.ietf.org

2009-04-20 11:02:14
Sam:

I am assuming that you are referencing this paragraph from you original note:

> In addition, the IETF policies on spam control clearly do not apply to
> closed lists.  Thes policies assume an archive that posters can check
> in order to see if their postings went through.  If you are going to
> apply spam policies to these aliases as if they are mailing lists,
> then please point me at the public archives you set up for these
> aliases so I can see if my postings make it.

I do not think we are talking about the spam policies. We are talking about whether the PR-Action for these mail aliases is a suitable interpretation.

Russ

At 04:18 PM 4/17/2009, Sam Hartman wrote:
> [...]

Russ, I'm failing to understand how your comments are responsive to
the points I made.  One of the things I said is that I was not
specifically speaking to the questino of whether removing Dean from
the aliases was reasonable.  However your entire response focused on
Dean.

My question is whether treating tools.ietf.org aliases as IETF lists
is reasonable policy.  Your response is all about whether it is
reasonable for Dean to post to these lists.