Re: [mif] WG Review: Multiple InterFaces (mif)

2009-04-23 14:43:20

On Apr 23, 2009, Hui Deng wrote:

For what I know at the moment service provider deployment experience,
ICE like solution has been deployed by a dedicate close network, this
is not interact with MIF space we talked here, mif are resolve general
issue with host connections, in that scenario, application is isolated.

Hui -

If the to-be MIF working group is to tackle the issue of address selection, then doing so thoroughly would require to also look into NAT traversal, and this includes ICE. ICE specifies address selection rules for a large group
of applications.

- Christian