Re: Last Call: draft-housley-iesg-rfc3932bis (IESG Procedures for Handling of Independent and IRTF Stream Submissions) to BCP

2009-06-01 10:57:11
And to start off the comments, I wanted tell my personal opinion about this.

First, I have not been extremely happy with either the h&b or the 3932bis document, as some people who have been reading the various lists may gather. However, I think they were already good enough to be shipped before the changes to 3932bis. (And indeed, h&b has been shipped by the IAB.) And I can't get that excited about debates regarding the role of the various boilerplate texts, because I suspect that the only people reading them are the ones who are going to respond to this thread :-)

I do think though that additional information at the level of "This RFC describes FOO. A standardized version of FOO can be found from RFC NNNN." is useful. I think -07 version of the 3932bis is an improvement over the previous one, and should be approved.

Jari