Re: More liberal draft formatting standards required

2009-07-01 19:23:51
Randy Presuhn wrote:
I don't know.  I prefer vi.

You can run nroff on a buffer inside of both vi and emacs
and get the output in another buffer.

I've read internet drafts on a variety of handheld devices,
from the old Sharp Wizards to Palm Pilots to a Blackberry,
and I very much appreciate having a lowest-common-denominator
document format.  The only drawback has been the fixed line
length - it can be slightly annoying for text but it renders
ascii graphics completely useless on a narrower screen.  On
balance I think it's a reasonable tradeoff, though.  And
personally, I'm grateful that such a wide variety of tools
can be used to generate conforming drafts - I think that it
helps keep the process just a little more open.

Melinda