Re: More liberal draft formatting standards required

2009-07-06 11:00:16
At 6:56 AM -0700 7/6/09, Bob Braden wrote:
This is not quite true... at least, it never used to be true. The restriction
is/was that only the .txt version is normative; a .pdf version is
non-normative and intended for explanatory material.

This is my understanding as well (I can't find an RFC that says one way or
another, but I could have missed it). We have recent full-worked examples where
the PDF for a standards-track document has valuable visual information, such as
RFC 5059.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--VPN Consortium