Re: RFC archival format, was: Re: More liberal draft formatting standards required

2009-07-06 11:01:19

huge  number of  mobile devices  that  handle HTML  effortlessly and  IETF
legacy ASCII not at all

HTML is  a good presentation format, but  as an archival format  it seems to
leave a lot to be desired, as the included links always seem to go stale.

Also,  I don't  think  that the  notions  of "page  numbers"  and "table  of
contents" have quite reached the status of "quaint and archaic".

large number  of standard  office printers that  print HTML  instantly and
correctly

My experiences printing HTML docs are a bit different, I guess.

Is there no  tool that will html-ize an RFC or  i-d for presentation?  Folks
who want to  read RFCs on their cell  phones should be able to do  it, but I
really don't see what that has to do with archival formats.