Re: Releasing xml2rfc 1.34pre3?

2009-07-06 09:30:27
On Sun, Jul 05, 2009 at 03:20:20PM +0200, Carsten Bormann wrote:
To me, 1.34pre3 appears to be exactly as stable as 1.33 (modulo the
instability inevitably introduced by the 5378 train wreck).

I have actually run into a somewhat cryptic error message (which I was
unable to reproduce on earlier releases, but which I was also unable
to reproduce consistently anyway), and I've seen some other reports of
issues with 1.34pre3, so it appears there are some dust bunnies in the
corners.  If I knew anything at all about TCL, I'd probably try to do
more work on it, but as it is I'm just grateful that those who work on
xml2rfc do as good work as they do.  (That isn't to say that there
isn't an issue here with process, but as I already that is not a
criticism of the xml2fc developers.)

Andrew Sullivan
ajs(_at_)shinkuro(_dot_)com
Shinkuro, Inc.