Re: draft-housley-iesg-rfc3932bis and the optional/mandatory nature of IESG notes

2009-08-31 12:27:52

Joel M. Halpern wrote:
The documented rules and practice has long been that with regard to Independent Submissions the IESG notes are a request / recommendation to the RFC Editor (soon to be ISE), not a statement of what will be included in the result.
Based on having seen a number of IESG notes, and reading the resulting text and its inherent tone, I would strongly prefer that IESG notes be an exception.

Thus, I strongly prefer (a). I prefer that such notes be rare, and that they remain recommendations to the ISE.

+1.

It might help folks to understand the independent relationship, between the IETF/IESG and these other RFC streams, if the title of this draft were changed from "Handling of" to "Assisting with".

d/

--

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking