Re: draft-housley-iesg-rfc3932bis and the optional/mandatory nature of IESG notes

2009-08-31 16:25:12
Hi Jari,
At 06:29 31-08-2009, Jari Arkko wrote:
And now back to the input that I wanted to hear. I would like to get a sense from the list whether you prefer (a) that any exceptional IESG note is just a recommendation to the RFC Editor or (b) something that is always applied to the published RFC. Please reply before the next IESG meeting on September 10. Some e-mails on this topic have already been sent in the Last Call thread -- I have seen those and there is no need to resend.

I prefer option (a); the IESG note is just a recommendation to the RFC Editor.

If the IESG wants the IESG Note to always be applied, it is determining the RFC Editor policy and that's the role of the IAB according to Section 5.

Regards,
-sm