Re: draft-housley-iesg-rfc3932bis and the optional/mandatory nature of IESG notes

2009-09-01 03:37:57
On 2009-8-31, at 19:24, Joel M. Halpern wrote:
But the same could be said all our experimental and informational RFCs.
 Should we insist that all experimental and informational RFC, even
from IETF WGs, carry big warnings "THIS IS NOT AN IETF STANDARD."

FWIW, this was exactly what I proposed a while ago. The current way we label RFCs requires folks to understand the intricacies of the different streams. Few in the broader industry do.

Lars