Re: Important Information about IETF 76 Meeting Registration

2009-09-01 00:20:15
Lawrence Rosen <lrosen at rosenlaw dot com> wrote:

Please note that you are now also collecting information that *is not* on the current blue sheets, namely "company/organization affiliation".

I thought that was the "problem" to which you were alluding. And my question remains: Is there any evidence that participants in IETF should not provide their company/organization affiliation when they participate? Is there something to hide?

Speaking only as an RFC author and WG participant, not as an IETF conference attendee, either in the past or in the foreseeable future...

I declined to state either my previous or current employer as my "affiliation" for either RFC 4645 or draft-4645bis, and instead listed myself as "Consultant," for two reasons: (1) neither employer has ever provided any support for my activities in the LTRU WG, and (2) a certain particularly ill-willed participant in LTRU had already used another participant's "affiliation" against him, writing to the legal department of that person's employer and demanding that he be professionally disciplined, something I didn't feel like risking for myself.

http://www.ewellic.org