Re: Important Information about IETF 76 Meeting Registration

2009-09-08 19:21:53

Alissa,

It's not totally clear because it is an EXPERIMENT and typically one
does not develop a bunch of policies for how a particular technology
might be used once it's "up and running" --- if we were to adopt it
prior to actually running the experiment. There is clearly, today,
no legal requirement that we retain the data from the experiment as
a substitute for bluesheets since we are not replacing the bluesheets
by RFID technology --- even if we are experimenting with how that
would work. (Obviously, the secretariat will need to securely retain
or destroy the data once the experiment is over, I don't see that as
being any different from all the other information which is collected
as a result of running an IETF meeting).

I agree that more details about the experiment need to be provided,
and they will be, it is still being worked out. And, you can opt out.

In the meantime, please see:

http://www.inet.info.hiroshima-cu.ac.jp/ietf76-exp/index.html#bluesheet