Re: IPv6 standard?

2009-09-18 00:19:38
Steve Crocker <steve at shinkuro dot com> wrote:

The main point I wanted to make is that bringing IPv6 into full use and advancing the associated specifications along the standards track did not, at least for me, imply deprecating IPv4 standards. In practice, the two technologies are going to co-exist for quite a while.

And in fact, tying the "success" of IPv6 to the complete demise of IPv4 seems like a sure-fire way to guarantee that IPv6 will never be declared a "success."

--
Doug Ewell  |  Thornton, Colorado, USA  |  http://www.ewellic.org
RFC 5645, 4645, UTN #14  |  ietf-languages @ http://is.gd/2kf0s