Re: Request for community guidance on issue concerning a future meeting of the IETF

2009-09-23 15:20:18

Mike,

My answer is that this is a judgement call and it forms part of the
decision making tree that the IAOC has to make when selecting any
venue. We have asked for community feedback in this case, and we've
received it (or we are receiving it I should say).

Personally, yes, I see the benefits and I also don't believe that we
really WOULD run afoul of the "rules" and suffer any consequences,
but one can always come up with worst-case scenarios. If we all go
there with self-censorship and fear in mind, I'd rather we went
somewhere else, but I don't believe we need to be fearful.

Ole