Re: Legality of IETF meetings in PRC. Was: Re: Request for community guidance on issue concerning a future meeting of the IETF

2009-10-12 19:14:26

On Oct 7, 2009, at 2:07 AM, Henk Uijterwaal wrote:

I agree.  So-far, we have always assumed that discussions on crypto
as well as writing, testing and using code during the meeting were
legal in the country.  And if they weren't, we'd assume that the
local policy would not notice.

Henk, just clarify question. I assume you meant "police" not "policy" in the sentence above? Is that correct.