Re: Last Call: draft-cheshire-dnsext-multicastdns (Multicast DNS) to Informational RFC

2009-11-23 12:13:34

Pretty much all the emails I have received on this have suggested we should
just go publish it now. To be clear, I was not talking about forming a WG to go
do a standards track version of this. I was talking about clicking one flag in
the data tracker and changing it from information to standards track and
publishing the draft  "as is" as standards track.

The consensus seems to be: this document is important to get publish soon and
is used by many other standards. Because of this, this draft is too important
to publish it as standards track and we should publish it as informational
instead. Anyways, I'm convinced that having this as a RFC is important and
decided that I, like most other people, could care less if it was experimental
or full standard as that will be close to irrelevant for what interoperability
this enables on the internet.