Re: separate out SINK and registry, was Last Call: draft-jabley-sink-arpa

2009-12-23 09:34:46
If it's a good idea to have a registry of DNS names with special
meanings, I'd rather see one RFC that establishes and populates
a registry of them, perhaps as an update to RFC 2606.

Such a registry might also usefully include names that have special
meanings within DNS names such as _<service> from 2782 and _domainkey
from 4871.

At this point I'm agnostic about the utility of adding SINK.ARPA to
such a registry, since I don't know how much in practice the "helpful"
rewriting of NXDOMAIN by some caches would interfere with its use.

R's,
John