Re: Last Call: draft-jabley-sink-arpa (The Eternal Non-Existence of SINK.ARPA (and other stories)) to BCP

2009-12-28 05:38:42
Joe Abley writes:
I'm saying that the body that administers the root zone is not the IETF. Not being a policy person I don't have any specific fears, but I'll observe that the set of people who make policy that affects administration of the root zone has a fairly small intersection with the set of people who participate in the IETF.

Yes. Which is a reason, but IMO not a sufficient one. Your judgment obviously differs.

I appreciate that the set of ARPA servers and the set of root servers today are very nearly the same, but it is a difference.

Yes.

Arnt