Re: Last Call: draft-jabley-reverse-servers (Nameservers for IPv4 and IPv6 Reverse Zones) to Proposed Standard

2010-01-04 19:32:28

On 2010-01-04, at 14:43, Sam Hartman wrote:

I'm not really particularly happy with Joe's two recent DNS drafts.

If I can help clarify anything, please let me know.

They give me the impression as a reader that a lot of context is being
hidden from me and that the implications of the draft are being
carefully obscured so that I as a reviewer not involved in the process
won't know what is going on.  I suspect the actual cause has more to do
with preventing arguments about goals when mechanisms can be agreed to
or writing minimal drafts.

However I find the documents difficult to review; I do not consider that
a good thing.

If you could me more substantive guidance as to where the documents could be
improved, I'd be very happy. As things stand the best I can do is say "I'm
sorry" :-)

Joe