Re: Last Call: draft-jabley-reverse-servers (Nameservers for IPv4 and IPv6 Reverse Zones) to Proposed Standard

2010-01-05 00:18:40

On 2010-01-04, at 22:09, John R. Levine wrote:

It would still be nice to put in an explanation of the motivation for
adding SINK.ARPA when its semantics and operations, at least for clients,
appear identical to whatever.INVALID.

I don't know that I have anything much to add to my previous answers to that
question.

Well, at this point there seems to be no practical difference at all between
the two, which returns to the question of why we need two different ways to
do the same thing.

And again, I have no additional answers beyond the ones I gave before. I
suspect the IESG have sufficient data on this particular point to be able to
make their own decision without either of us repeating ourselves further.

Joe

http://www.ietf.org/ibin/c5i?mid=6&rid=49&gid=0&k1=933&k2=49793&tid=1262672174
http://www.ietf.org/ibin/c5i?mid=6&rid=49&gid=0&k1=933&k2=49795&tid=1262672094