Re: [codec] WG Review: Internet Wideband Audio Codec (codec)

2010-01-07 10:18:00
Andrew G. Malis wrote:
I appreciate the potential difficulty of guaranteeing the unencumbered
status of any output of this group. However, I would like this statement to
be stronger, saying that this group will only produce a new codec if it is
strongly believed by WG rough consensus to either be unencumbered,
or freely licensed by the IPR holder(s), if any.

For political reasons, this is unlikely to happen.  Instead, I hope you
will participate in the WG.  Then that rough consensus will depend on your
opinion (roughly).

--Ben