Re: [codec] WG Review: Internet Wideband Audio Codec (codec)

2010-01-08 17:15:24
Good improvement.  I'd go a slide bit further:

   Although this preference cannot guarantee that the working
   group will produce an unencumbered codec, the working group shall
   follow BCP 79, and adhere to the spirit of BCP 79.  The working
   group cannot explicitly rule out the possibility of adapting
   encumbered technologies; however, the working group will try to
   avoid encumbered technologies that would hinder free
   redistribution in any way.

Russ