Re: [codec] WG Review: Internet Wideband Audio Codec (codec)

2010-01-13 10:31:11
A joint-body first agrees upon its charter and working methods, which allows
for any negotiation on IPR rules and membership, etc.

All of the companies I know who are active in the ITU are also active in the
IETF.  So it seems to me that there should be some willingness to work
together.

In any event, if the joint-body negotiations fail, then the IETF simply
proceeds on its own.  There is not much to lose, and as you seem to agree,
potentially a lot to gain.

Stephen Botzko
Polycom

On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 3:39 PM, Monty Montgomery