Re: Malthus ( was RE: Motivation to submit an idea in IETF?)

2010-01-22 05:18:08
Greg, Dean,

Sorry while I interrupt your melancholy ;)

Cheer up :-)

Eventually, this may reach a point where networking is commodified beyond
the point where companies have an interest in flying staff around the world
to attend meetings.

I have a hard time believing that we ever stop developing our communication mechanisms and applications. It might be the case that work moves up the stack as the lower parts are so universally deployed that it makes no sense to produce further standards on them, however. This means that the IETF needs to choose wisely what it works on.

Jari