Re: Why the normative form of IETF Standards is ASCII

2010-03-12 08:29:13
I wrote:

A space character (which looks like an ordinary U+0020 space to me, in both the plain-text message I received and in the Web archive) got erroneously converted to a question mark in Tim's plain-text mail.

Actually, I take that back. All the spaces in Tim's message look fine to me; only in Ohta-san's quoting of Tim's message do I see the question mark.

Regardless of where the question mark came from, this still has nothing to do with PDF. It has only to do with tools that misinterpret character sets or transform plain text.

--
Doug Ewell  |  Thornton, Colorado, USA  |  http://www.ewellic.org
RFC 5645, 4645, UTN #14  |  ietf-languages @ http://is.gd/2kf0s ­