Re: What day is 2010-01-02 (and what time is it)

2010-03-18 14:10:00

On 18 mar 2010, at 20.04, Marshall Eubanks wrote:

Hmm...the signal for the GPS include the difference nowadays, right?

This is the internal time standard. GPS receivers report UTC.

That was exactly my point. The device get the internal time, and then correct
it according to the difference that is overlay in the control channel, and then
report UTC?

I.e. one does not have to re-program/re-configure the device(s) every time a
leap second is added/removed (added at the moment...).

   Patrik