Re: What day is 2010-01-02

2010-03-18 10:58:46

----- Original Message -----
From: "HUANG, JERRY (ATTLABS)" <zh1424(_at_)att(_dot_)com>
To: "Iljitsch van Beijnum" <iljitsch(_at_)muada(_dot_)com>;
<MEMcNeil(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com>
Cc: "Yao Jiankang" <yaojk(_at_)cnnic(_dot_)cn>; <ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Sent: Thursday, March 18, 2010 12:51 AM
Subject: RE: What day is 2010-01-02

What I am not so sure about is the sweeping statement that Americans
would likely have difficulties with the 'yyyy-mm-dd' format. I walked
around the office and polled seven of my co-workers who happen to be
around (all engineers by trade, five 'natives'), all seven (eight
including me) _know_ what it means.

Good test. but you tested it only in your office which, I think , is located in
USA.
So the conclusion derived from your office test may apply only to most offices
in USA.

Have you tested it in U.K., France, ASIA countries such as Japan, China of
different culture and background?