Re: Make the Internet uncensorable to intermediate nodes

2010-03-19 14:51:15
Le Fri, 19 Mar 2010 21:59:44 +0800,
MtFBwU <may(_dot_)4thbwu(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> a écrit :

My point is, today's Internet architecture can be very easily
censored, because the semantic content is bounded with data. FEC
algorithms can dispersal meaning-ful content into meaning-less data,
thus makes the transfer neutral to all intermediate nodes.

My view towards the Internet is simple, it's like the highways, is
should be publicly liber and neutral transportation no matter what
your car model is.

What do you guys think?

You can use :

- An overlay that will encapsulate (and cypher) the censored
content within a "good looking" packet (I can think of a tor like
overlay). The pb with the overlay, it must change its signature
sometimes if DPI is used to filter;
- Maybe a tunnel (IP, SSL, SSH, etc.). I do not know which system is
used in China to filter ... maybe IPSec is forbidden.

I really think the current Internet architecture make every filtering
system circumvented after :

- Thinking about a way to trick the filter;
- Making use of the trick to achieve end-to-end data transport with
one of the standard transport protocol ...

Cheers.

--
Jérôme Benoit aka fraggle
La Météo du Net - http://grenouille.com