Re: Advance travel info for IETF-78 Maastricht

2010-04-05 10:24:05
This is the main change from the US. In the US it is entirely
practical to carry only plastic and no cash at all. There are more
purchases that are impossible with cash than a card - try buying a car
with cash and see what happens.

In most of Europe you have a high probability of being able to use a
card, but you really don't want to ever get into a situation where
your cash reserves are lower than the price of a taxi fare plus a
railway ticket.

On the plus side, there are subway stops where you can buy a beer from
the kiosk on the platform.

On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 5:33 PM, Chris Elliott <chelliot(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com>