Re: Advance travel info for IETF-78 Maastricht

2010-05-10 08:58:15
On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 5:05 AM, Iljitsch van Beijnum
<iljitsch(_at_)muada(_dot_)com> wrote:
On 10 mei 2010, at 5:01, tytso(_at_)mit(_dot_)edu wrote:

I talked to a cab driver in Boston, and he's not very happy with
credit cards, because he was forced to use a new system for credit
cards, and it takes what he considered an unfairly large percentage
when customers pay by credit cards.

And that's why credit cards are so evil. I understand there are often
provisions that sellers can't charge a premium for credit card payments to
make up for the commission so in places where creditcards are common EVERYONE
pays more because of credit card commissions.

While there might be special rules for taxis and while in the USA most
credit card merchant agreements prohibit adding a surcharge for using
a credit card, they do not prohibit giving a discount for cash.

Donald