Re: The IPv6 Transitional Preference Problem

2010-06-18 11:22:11
Lets make sure this does not become a bash Apple affair.

Apple's airport is the only WiFi hardware I have had that has not stopped
working within 9 months due to shoddy manufacture. I have had every brand
you can name and every one failed in the same way, connections became flaky
and then the router started requiring regular resets.

Hang on a moment, the rant is relevant to the IPv6 transition

When I mentioned the hardware issue to a certain tech savy person known to
us all they reported having no problems at all with their routers. Then I
watched them using said router and rebooting it without noticing they had
done it.

Can be made to work for a geek is a much lower bar than the one we face
here. The premise is that we need IPv6 transition because we have the
billions of users. It has to work absolutely flawlessly to be useful.

On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 7:38 AM, Sabahattin Gucukoglu <