Re: The IPv6 Transitional Preference Problem

2010-06-19 13:37:29
On Jun 18, 2010, at 7:21 PM, Martin Rex wrote:
EVERY server is trivially susceptible to DoS attacks.
That is no such thing as a server that is not.

Not so interested in getting into a pedantic argument on DoS susceptibility.

What you described is a client with a pretty selfish attitude
that doesn't care about network, servers and the other clients
put into code.

Well, no.  What I described was my understanding of a proposal to facilitate
transition that comes with some benefits and some costs.  If nothing else,
given the truly inspirational amount of crap on the Internet, I find it a bit
difficult to get worked up about a few additional packets at communication
initiation that are actually beneficial.

The concept works only as long as very few individuals try to
get an unfair advantage over the rest.  But it definitely is
doomed if EVERYONE, or even a larger number of people would
practice this.

We seem to be talking about different things.

Regards,
-drc