Re: The IPv6 Transitional Preference Problem

2010-06-23 09:06:11
On Jun 23, 2010, at 15:06, Martin Rex wrote:

optimizing for their own interest alone

I don't know about you, but when I set up a server, I have a strong interest
that my clients get their data fast.
So whatever it takes to do that, is in my interest.

BTW, initial analyses of iOS 4 (iPhone OS) show that they are always v6 enabled:
http://isc.sans.edu/diary.html?storyid=9058&rss
It would be interesting to know how their v6/v4 preference goes.

They also appear to be using MAC-based addresses (as opposed to RFC4941/RFC3041
privacy-enhanced).
If that is indeed true, that will be a *great* incentive for server operators
to switch on NAT-free IPv6, once they start to understand the implications (no
need for cookies any more :-).

Gruesse, Carsten