Re: The IPv6 Transitional Preference Problem

2010-06-25 09:17:15
On 2010-06-25 20:08, Carsten Bormann wrote:
On Jun 25, 2010, at 09:56, Brian E Carpenter wrote:

trying v6 for a couple of seconds before trying v4 in parallel

I don't think this is realistic for applications like the Web, where people
are now creating Youtube-Spots with high-speed cameras that show, in
slow-motion, a potato cannon fired in parallel with a web page loading (the
web page is faster than the potato, of course).
Shaving 50 ms off the HTTP latency is a major improvement in user experience
for a Web user.

I think we're talking about the initial phase of contact with a server.
Obviously,
once a best path is chosen, you will stick to it until there is a glitch.

   Brian