Re: draft-housley-two-maturity-levels-00

2010-06-22 11:13:28
Another thing to consider here is the point at which code points are
assigned.

In a lot of cases we have had incompatibility resulting from experimental
code points being used and then changed when the final draft is agreed.

For some spaces code points are scarce and it is necessary to conserve. But
for most there is no real harm done by wasting a few. And in the case of
OIDs and URIs the code space is infinite.

On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 4:33 PM, Michael StJohns