Re: draft-housley-two-maturity-levels-00

2010-06-23 09:18:36
Spencer,

As I read http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5741.txt, Experimental RFCs would be Category: Experimental on the first page, and I'd expect them to be revised when they are reclassified, if only to make this say Category: Standards Track. So that's at least a small barrier to reclassification in place.

Yes, though that is something which could be handled by setting the tracker intended status and perhaps an RFC Editor note correctly to PS. The last call notice would say the correct thing after this, for instance. Its really very similar to what we've been doing for some documents already. "RFC such and such for Draft" and at that time such and such is still a PS, and a new RFC # will be allocated for the DS RFC.

Jari