Re: Admission Control to the IETF 78 and IETF 79 Networks

2010-07-01 15:09:17
I do remember the guarded terminal rooms in 1995-1998.

the terminals themselves were being guarded, not their use.  they were
expensive.  now there are no terminals in the terninal room.  so the
name was apt. :)

The use of WLAN started out with a small group of early adopters
somewhere around 1996/1997.

earler, i believe.  i think i had wlan in s'hoim in 95, and ran the dhcp
server experimaent on my laptop in the corner.  but don't trust my
memory, i don't.

I'm not sure that the liability issues for open WLANs have been
correctly described here.

i would assume not.  we're not lawyers, even though many seem to play
one on the net.

IANAL and I'm german, and the IETF meeting is in the Netherlands.

and we're practicing for beijing.

randy