Re: Comments on <draft-cooper-privacy-policy-01.txt>

2010-07-15 02:03:02

On 7/14/2010 11:02 PM, Randy Bush wrote:
The assumption that simply posting a notice constitutes sufficient
"permission" to disclose data is one more example of the challenges
we face in producing reasonable policies and following them.

i think you had better have a cite for where a message was posted and
ietf network data were disclosed.  or is this more wild hyperbole?

Randy,

As always, a delight to watch you in action. So, thanks for your kind suggestion but I don't feel the need of trying to defend a statement that I did not make. In this case, I never made the claim that data was divulged. Others did. Please consider reading the text that is actually in front of you.[*]

Since your goal in an exchange like this is to keep things unproductive, to distract from the original goal, I'll leave you on your own for any further creative misinterpretations. Heck, you might even find then sitting on a petard.

d/

[*] Perhaps you meant to challenge: