Re: Historic Moment - Root zone of the Internet was just signed minutes ago!!!

2010-07-16 07:27:42
Congratulations ! A lot of hard work by a lot of people went into this, and we owe those
people a vote of thanks.

Regards
Marshall

On Jul 16, 2010, at 8:23 AM, Russ Housley wrote:

I am passing on this announcement, and I want to add my thanks to
everyone in the Internet community that played a role in deploying DNSSEC.

Russ Housley
IETF Chair

------ Forwarded Message
From: Rod Beckstrom <rod(_dot_)beckstrom(_at_)icann(_dot_)org>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 14:24:38 -0700
To: Rod Beckstrom <rod(_dot_)beckstrom(_at_)icann(_dot_)org>
Cc: ICANN Board of Directors <icann-board(_at_)icann(_dot_)org>, Staff
<icann-staff(_at_)icann(_dot_)org>
Subject: Historic Moment - Root zone of the Internet was just signed
minutes ago!!!

Dear Board and Staff,

Now  is a historic moment for the Internet, ICANN, IETF, Verisign and
the Dept of Commerce.

The root zone of Internet is now more secure - signed cryptographically
w/ DNSSEC.

Special thanks to Rick Lamb, DNSSEC lead in ICANN; Steve Crocker, SSAC; Suzanne Woolf, RSSAC; all of you on board and staff and the many people
in the multi-stakeholder community who have made this happen.

Congratulations. A true milestone in the history of the Internet.

We’ve had a remarkable year of accomplishments.

Warmly,

Rod

Rod Beckstrom
President and CEO
ICANN

One World. One Internet. Everyone Connected.

------ End of Forwarded Message