Re: Fwd: Historic Moment - Root zone of the Internet was just signed minutes ago!!!

2010-07-16 10:14:15
 On 7/16/2010 5:23 AM, Russ Housley wrote:
I am passing on this announcement, and I want to add my thanks to
everyone in the Internet community that played a role in deploying DNSSEC.

Russ Housley
IETF Chair

Hey Russ - how do you think the California Appellate Court's ruling on
Court Admissible evidence in California v Khaled affects this... I can
tell you -

- the DNSSEC design sucks as an evidentiary source of anything and now
evidence from it is inadmissible per Khaled in California Courts as
'untrustworthy'...  it looks like Dean will win this one eh?

Todd Glassey
------ Forwarded Message
From: Rod Beckstrom <rod(_dot_)beckstrom(_at_)icann(_dot_)org>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 14:24:38 -0700
To: Rod Beckstrom <rod(_dot_)beckstrom(_at_)icann(_dot_)org>
Cc: ICANN Board of Directors <icann-board(_at_)icann(_dot_)org>, Staff
<icann-staff(_at_)icann(_dot_)org>
Subject: Historic Moment - Root zone of the Internet was just signed
minutes ago!!!

Dear Board and Staff,

Now  is a historic moment for the Internet, ICANN, IETF, Verisign and
the Dept of Commerce.

The root zone of Internet is now more secure - signed cryptographically
w/ DNSSEC.

Special thanks to Rick Lamb, DNSSEC lead in ICANN; Steve Crocker, SSAC;
Suzanne Woolf, RSSAC; all of you on board and staff and the many people
in the multi-stakeholder community who have made this happen.

Congratulations. A true milestone in the history of the Internet.

We’ve had a remarkable year of accomplishments.

Warmly,

Rod

Rod Beckstrom
President and CEO
ICANN

One World. One Internet. Everyone Connected.

------ End of Forwarded Message