Re: Historic Moment - Root zone of the Internet was just signed minutes ago!!!

2010-07-16 12:57:18
On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 18:01:20 +0100, Tony Finch wrote:

On Fri, 16 Jul 2010, Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:

Too bad it doesn't work for me.

BIND's trust anchors are in DNSKEY format, but IANA publishes the root key
in DS format. You can fetch the root DNSKEY using dig, convert it into
a DS using BIND's dnssec-dsfromkey program and compare the result to the
published trust anchor to verify that you have the right DNSKEY before
adding it to BIND's configuration. There is a longer explanation of the
process at http://fanf.livejournal.com/107310.html

Thanks! That was very useful. I finally got it working.

I would also like to check the output for a zone that is verifyable not
correct. Any examples of signed RRs with an incorrect signature?

        rvdp