Re: Varying meeting venue -- why?

2010-08-12 19:50:20

On Aug 12, 2010, at 5:41 PM, Barry Leiba wrote:

I think Vancouver would be an excellent city for a recurring North American
meeting.  There is a reasonable convenience factor in terms of nearby
hotels, restuarants and food markets (there's an excellent one just a couple
blocks from the venue).  However, based on the poll, it seemed that folks
preferred Quebec City, which suggests that the majority of folks don't favor
the idea of returning to the same city.

One thing this suggests to me is that the people who are prone to
taking the survey favour the idea of variety.  I dismember how many
survey responses we had, and how the responses broke down when
categorized by number of IETF meetings attended, so I can't be sure,
here.  But I'm guessing that many of the responses came from the
long-timers who will go wherever the meeting is, and that not so many
came from the folks who are relatively new and are considering
increasing their participation.

You can check out the results and filter them in a variety of ways here:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/sr.aspx?sm=t_2fbbgsnKxiEZQtkqJnseRhFhKYsLmoL7UYsdeKlPJNE_3d

Ray

Barry