Re: Varying meeting venue -- why?

2010-08-13 12:04:14
In fact, from western Europe, I see the USA as cheaper and easier to
get to than say Vienna or Maastricht (look back at all those posts
about which train to catch, which country to arrive in, how to pay
fares etc )

The US is a big place.  Even the eastern US is a big place.  I think
it'd be a swell plan to meet in Ithaca, New York, where I live (it has
some pretty good facilities at Cornell University and Ithaca College)
but when you tried to get here, you'd be saying why can't we meet some
place convenient, like Maastricht?

With respect to Canada, for transport purposes you have to divide it
into two sections, Toronto, and everywhere else.  Getting to Toronto
is a snap.  Getting to anywhere else generally means changing planes
in Toronto.

R's,
John