Re: Tourist or business visa from US?

2010-08-26 15:50:17

Wow, I find this whole email thread shocking.

Given the text explanation you get of F and L visa from the embassy web site,
which Mary quoted below, I have a very hard time seeing how anyone comes to the
conclusion that L (tourist) visa is the right visa for an IETF meeting. I
believe the the explanations that you are likely to get away with it, but I
have a very hard time believing it is not breaking the law. I'd be fascinated
to hear the reasoning of people who think it is legal.