Re: Tourist or business visa from US?

2010-08-27 03:07:50
Cullen Jennings wrote:

Wow, I find this whole email thread shocking.

Given the text explanation you get of F and L visa from the embassy
web site, which Mary quoted below, I have a very hard time seeing how
anyone comes to the conclusion that L (tourist) visa is the right
visa for an IETF meeting.

... particularly  when the consulate requests even less information than
is usually requested to get a visa to enter other countries.

For example, in order to get a USA or Canadian or Australian visa I have
had to provide a LOI, property title, an extract (log?) of my bank
account, etc.

Regarding the LOI itself, they usually accept LOIs in electronic form...
so I guess this is probably the case for the Chinese visa, too.

Thanks,
--
Fernando Gont
e-mail: fernando(_at_)gont(_dot_)com(_dot_)ar || fgont(_at_)acm(_dot_)org