Re: Tourist or business visa from US?

2010-08-25 10:56:18

On 8/24/2010 8:28 AM, Mary Barnes wrote:
My question then is whether you tell them at border control that you are
attending a meeting or whether you are there on vacation.  I am unfortunately
not a good liar ;)

Let me get this straight. You are going to go to China and you are /not/ going to do ANY site-seeing? If the answer is yes, I think you have deeper problems than the visa...

If you are doing some site-seeing, you are a tourist. Saying you are a tourist is, therefore, not lying.

Are you planning on making sales pitches, signing contracts, getting paid by locals for work, writing code? The concern for business visas is that conduct of these sorts of business activities. That is, commerce. Merely having conversation that are work-related is not (really) conducting business.

d/
--

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking