RE: Dedicated list for technical discussions

2010-08-30 13:42:54
On Sun Aug 29 09:12:31 2010, Glen Zorn wrote:
Mark Nottingham [mailto://mnot(_at_)mnot(_dot_)net] writes:

> I know it's been brought up many times before, but I'd appreciate a > separate list for technical discussions regarding drafts, etc., since
> this list seems to have become a travel tips forum.

I'm sure that if you have some specific technical topics to discuss at least some of us would be willing to join in. I must note, however, that your own posts to this list over the last month or so have been about the Maastrict venue, IETF Logo wear and this complaint (not exactly rocket science ;-).

I would note that these items are precisely the kinds of things that we, as an organization, are utterly ill-equipped to handle. We cannot use our tried and tested bureaucratic techniques to mitigate time-consuming discussion - we cannot insist people write a draft, propose a BOF, etc before actually discussing the issue.

Therefore, I suggest - and quite seriously, as I assure you I would never joke about something so serious as this - that a new area be formed forthwith to tackle what's obviously more important than any mere technical issue. This new area - perhaps entitled the Hotel Organizational Logistic Strategies area, could be home to a number of key working groups, aimed at solving these fundamental issues that plague us all.

With this in mind, I firmly look forward to seeing a requirements document for the area, such that we can progress by initiating BOFs, with a view to forming working groups to create further requirement documents.

Dave.
--
Dave Cridland - mailto:dave(_at_)cridland(_dot_)net -
xmpp:dwd(_at_)dave(_dot_)cridland(_dot_)net