Re: All these discussions about meeting venues

2010-08-30 13:46:46
On 30 aug 2010, at 20:25, Randall Gellens wrote:

In both directions between BRU and Maastricht I had to change trains multiple
times, and several of the stations required me to carry my luggage up and
down non-trivial staircases.  I wondered at the time how someone in a
wheelchair or who had mobility difficulties could manage.  I realize these
stations were in Belgium, not the Netherlands, so perhaps this explains it.

In the Netherlands more modern stations have elevators. Intercity trains have
an elevated entrance, so wheel chair users must inform the Dutch Railways of
their travel plans so a ramp can be positioned for ingress and egress.

The journey from schiphol airport to the Maastricht main station required at
least one change, but that one could be done as a cross/same platform change.

I haven't heard of any wheel chair accessible planes, though.