Re: All these discussions about meeting venues

2010-08-29 22:39:24
At 06:31 PM 8/29/2010, Randall Gellens wrote:
At 7:23 PM -0400 8/29/10, Marshall Eubanks wrote:

> It really comes down to which bias to apply in site selection: towards those who want to be a tourist, or those who want to do work.

Based on my observation of and participation in the meeting selection process, the IAOC is (and has been throughout its existence) strongly weighted towards arranging meetings for those who want to do work. Touristic aspects hardly enter in.

In various discussions prior to, during, and after Maastricht, my impression is that any complaint was dismissed with expressions of how delightful the city is.

got that impression a few times too, which I didn't like ...

james

I apologize for allowing this impression to color my idea of the actual site selection process.

--
Randall Gellens